BrightHaven Academy is exceptional, compared to other typical child care facilities in the Raleigh NC area, because we fully utilize The Creative Curriculum as an educational tool to develop a solid learning foundation for our children. Backed with over 70 years of critical educational research based on how children learn best, The Creative Curriculum is an excellent program that provides children with learning, routines and other skills needed to explore their unique interests and abilities.
We're eager to provide you a personally guided tour of facility, upon making the decision to enroll your child in our academy. Our owners are here, every day, work hands-on with children to ensure that their time spent at BrightHaven is filled with the structure of learning and development. In addition to routines, daily activities, and getting children Kindergarten ready, we also see to it that our children have organic and natural foods for lunch and snack, one on one time with teachers, and are able to learn and develop their skills with self-confidence and enthusiasm.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool
- is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework as well as early learning standards for every state.
- presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.
BrightHaven provides a foundation for children to flourish and expand their learning, at their own pace. We exceed the state educational standards for kindergarten readiness through supplementing our state required curriculum with the A Beka Book Curriculum.
We welcome you to explore our website, and find out why BrightHaven Academy is the best choice for your child. Owned and operated by a sister duo, we feel privileged to be able to implement this essential curriculum to help children grow and develop.