North Raleigh Child Care: Show and Tell is an Important Activity that Children Benefit From.
At BrightHaven Academy, show and tell is one of our most emphasized activities. Of course, it's a lot of fun for the kids, but it's also educational and builds confidence. Our North Raleigh child care facility feels that show and tell even helps children:
- learn to speak and listen
- learn how to ask inquiry based questions
- learn to make connections between student responses
- anticipate and observe
- practice critical reasoning skills
- practice storytelling
- learn the concepts of same and different
- use vocabulary- doll, computer, toy car, puppet
- use descriptive language
Children who participate in show and tell at a North Raleigh child care center learn the following:
- how to use descriptive words and proper vocabulary
- how to ask about "the why"
- how to discuss and make connections
- how to introduce yourself
- how to be a good audience
- how to thank someone for sharing
Sometimes, show and tell can be about particular items like:
- A favorite book
- A "safe" kitchen tool (whisk, cookie cutters, etc)
- a portable musical instrument- harmonica, recorder, keyboard
- a stuffed animal
- a portrait collage or a family picture
- collage of items in his/her favorite color.
- a new skill
- take grandma or grandpa
- a favorite pair of shoes or a funny pair of socks
- a favorite hat
- a relative with a special "ability" or unique job
- a song in another language.
- a computer print out
- a favorite DVD/Movie/computer game
- small pets
- an old old item
- items that start with the first letter of your child's name
- sensory gloves- fill rubber gloves with different materials
- healthy snack
- a lego project
- favorite collection - shells, rocks, coins, stamps
- a baby object
- an outdoor object - leaf, twig, feather, stones
- objects with alphabet "A" or "B"..... and so on
- a special blanket, pillow cover...etc.
We can even incorporate things like:
- Height / Length
Show and tell is important for children; especially those of child care age. If you'd like to know more about our North Raleigh child care center, daily activities or talk to a staff member at BrightHaven Academy about visiting our facility, contact us!